Hitkarini Mahila Mahavidyalaya
About Hitkarini Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Jabalpur Visit College Website
The Hitkarini City College is now known as Hitkarini Mahila Mahavidyalaya (Hitkarini Womens College) was established in 1933by the leading and one of the oldest educational organization of central India, Hitkarini Sabha
The college campus is situated in the heart of Jabalpur city in Madhya Pradesh. The college has both graduate and post graduate courses which are taught by experienced faculty. It provides quality education in the field of Humanities – Economics, Hindi Literature, Sociology, Political Science, Psychology; Science – Mathematics, Biology, Computer Science, Micro-biology & Electronics; and Commerce.
The college has a history of having produced great nationalists, educationists, philosophers, writers, jurists, MLAs, MPs and players of national and international fame. Some of the well known alumni of the college include:
- Famous philosopher Chandra Mohan Jain “Rajneesh” better known as “Osho”
- Ex-education ministers – Basant Rao Uikey & Late Parmanand Bhai Patel
- Parliamentarian Late Mr Sushil Kumar Pateria
- Economist Dr. Manohar Pandit
- Educationist, Ex-Secretary Madhya Pradesh State Higher Education Grants Commission Prof. Suresh Mishra
- Anand Mohan Awasthi, Ramkrishana Dixit, Shyam Sunder Sharma, Indra Bahadur Khare and Harekrishana Tripathi in literary work (poets and journalists)
The tradition of this college is maintained by our present generation of students in academic, cultural and sports activities.
The college aims to provide education to the masses with a very reasonable fee structure. The college campus has the required infrastructure in the form of class rooms, laboratories, library, etc to provide a good teaching environment.
The long lasting values and traditions of Hitkarini Sabha and the spirit of benevolence carried forward since nearly one and half century has been well moulded with the progressive mindset of the present management which has set many milestones to become the foremost organization of its kind running highest number of educational and other institutions in this area.